10.19.2010

ten images of inspiration : stylish albums.












Even above art and design, my biggest love has to be music- but I truly love when the two come together. Needless to say, I adore both well-designed and stylishly kitschy album covers, especially when they go hand-in-hand with some of my most-loved musicians. These are some of my favorites for various reasons (along with bands/singers that own my heart.)

Albums (from top to bottom): The Ventures: Walk Don't Run, Elvis Presley: 50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong, Camera Obscura: Underachievers Please Try Harder, Serge Gainsbourg: Histoire de Melody Nelson, The Beatles: Help!, The Smiths: The Queen is Dead, The Shangri-Las: Leader of the Pack, The Velvet Underground: The Velvet Underground & Nico, Belle & Sebastian: Dear Catastrophe Waitress, and Wanda Jackson: Rockin' With Wanda.

5 comments:

  1. i love all of these. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you via A Cup of Jo. These are great! Especially like the woman's high-waisted pants in the first one. You should check out photographer John Purlia's 460+ vintage album collection for the BEST 50's/60's cheesecake albums. Amazing Mad Men kind of style!

    http://gallery.me.com/jpurlia#100025&bgcolor=black&view=grid

    ReplyDelete
  3. The old Lp´s have a lot of style. I like it very much. Thank you regards

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...