I love my city. I know a lot of people complain about Los Angeles, but we have been here almost a year and we are enjoying it more and more as the days go by. (Tank tops and beach trips in January? I just can't complain.) Here are some photos from some of my favorite fellow LA Instagrammers...
Users above (from top to bottom): studiodiy, jengotch, teamwoodnote, kimgenevieve, designlovefest, dchaussee, lindak68, girlpartyshop, mollycranna, and bonnietsang
An non-themed collection of pretty interiors for just another Wednesday night. Enjoy :)
Sources (from top to bottom): Eclectic Slide, sfgirlbybay, 79 Ideas, Mechant Studio, Apartment Therapy, Elle Decor: Spain, Apartment 34, Flickr: Karin Lindroos, Clementine Daily, Phu Tang, and My Scandinavian Home
Before we moved from Portland to LA, we sold and gave away so much stuff. We knew that we would be downsizing from a house to an apartment (or condo, in our case) and that we had to fit all of our belongings into two small pods. Our old home was known as a museum of sorts, filled to the brim with an abundance of silly kitschy goods covering shelves and walls. Although I don't miss the clutter (the constant dusting was terrible), I am now craving a little more quirkiness in our California home. I think some pops here and there would be perfect and smile-inducing.
1. None Of Yo Bizness ($95), 2. Siamese Mood Lighting ($79), 3. Sundae Morning Pillow ($10.99, sale), 4. Wooden Dolls no. 3 ($190), 5. Vintage 8 1/2" Brass Pineapple Container ($154), 6. Log and Squirrel Paper Towel Holder ($50, sale), 7. Hello Tiger Table Lamp (£85), 8. Lion Face Clock 11 Inches ($120), 9. Boston Terrier Figure ($28), 10. Dog Lamp - Standing Dog (£120), 11. City Boy Bordfolk Egg Cup (£8), and 12. Key Target ($65)
- A round-up of artists' responses to the Charlie Hebdo attacks.
- This Museum of Curiosities in London looks amazing.
- This homemade tabletop ice hockey is adorable for kids.
- I've been saying this for awhile: detox diets are myths.
- Mmm mmm mmm, homemade Twix bars.
- Life before Google.
- Faux chicken pho for these rainy days.
- The best photos of crazy cat lovers.
- A good mantra for the new year.
- Flower fireworks.
- Make some no-sew conversation heart napkins.
- Eclectic colors.
- A printable 2015 calendar.
- Also from Oh Happy Day, DIY Valentine's Day mini cake stands.
- Easy peasy slow cooker beef tacos.
- Vintage rugs in nice kitchens.
- Smitten with this empire home.
- Yes, it's totally okay to hate your spouse for ten minutes a day.
- Inspired to make this woven circle mat.
- Kitschy homes are my fave.
- Totally gorgeous mixed media art.
- Perfect desktop wallpapers for the new year...
- ...and one just for January.
Much love to y'all, folks! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend greatly. Xo! (artwork above by Clare Owen)
Other than all the books I keep my nose buried in, I think most of my daily inspiration comes from Pinterest. I have been pinning like crazy all year long, so I thought I'd share some of my favorite images I posted in 2014. If you'd like to share yours, send me your Pinterest links in the comments.
Above: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, and twenty.